Proposed Technology Park, supported by Karnataka Government, on Privately Owned Land by Astarc Infra Developers in Hubli/Dharwad
- 1. With the support from Karnataka government, Astarc plans to develop this land for technological clusters around the area.
- 2. Our aim is to develop a technological cluster for companies across different industries from countries like China, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, UK, Finland etc.
- 3. This project on PRIVATELY OWNED land will be supported by Karnataka government with an aim to provide incentives for foreign companies to set up technology related businesses, bringing in foreign investment for the state and providing easy and liberal environment for business to prosper.
- The Karnataka Government will provide all necessary concessions under the Karnataka Industrial Policy and the State Policy for Special Economic Zones. The Start-up Policy by the Government of India will also extend all benefits available to facilitate this project under applicable law, infrastructure policy, fiscal policy and so on. Some of these benefits will include tax and duties exemptions, infrastructure incentives including uninterrupted electricity at concessional rates and single window for all clearances.
The main reason for technology companies from China, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, UK, Finland etc. to set-up base in the Technology Cluster will be to take advantage of the new Dharwad Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) being set-up in the area. The companies from these countries have so far not been able to attract Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) students. This will provide an opportunity to large technology companies to interact with the leading brains of India to duplicate the kind of atmosphere that existed in Silicon Valley due to proximity to the Stanford University. Other than the sanctioned Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), there are 5 universities in Dharwad, including Karnataka University, University of Agricultural Sciences, Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha, Karnataka State Law University, and Indian Institute of Information Technology, Dharwad (IIITD) besides many other medical, engineering and arts colleges. So there is ample availability of good talent in the area, which will cater to these technology companies.
- High technological parks
- Start-up incubators
- Logistics / warehouse for support to tech clusters
- Training centers
- Research & Development Centers
Our Land Overview:
- 1. Astarc Group has around 200 acres of privately owned land in Dharwad region of Karnataka. The Dharwad district falls in the industrial corridor of Belgaum-Dharwad-Hubli
- 2. The land is designated as “NA”, which is non-agricultural land or fit for industrial use
- 3. The land parcel is about 35 kms from Hubli, or 15 kms from Dharwad, about 5 kms from High Court gate towards Belgaum. It is exactly on NH4. There is an underpass to go on other side of the highway, reducing the travel time to take u-turn on highway
- 4. Karnataka High Court is 5kms away from our land
- 5. Newly sanctioned Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) is within 10 km of our land
- 6. There is a new upcoming school Dharwad International school within 5kms from our land
- 7. There is presence of big industrial powerhouses like Pepsi, Tata Motors, Coke, Spicer India, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation, Nector Beverages, Tata Marcopolo Motors, A.D.M. Agro Industries, Telco Construction Equipment Company (Hitachi earlier), and FMCG companies nearby our land
- 8. One of the largest automotive giants Tata Motors has a commercial vehicle manufacturing facility at Dharwad. The unit produces small and intermediate commercial vehicles for the Indian market. The plant is situated on NH4, 8−10 km from Dharwad near Belur industrial estate, next to high court of Dharwad. Tata ace is being manufactured here as well.
- 1. Dharwad, being the second biggest industrial cluster in the state, is well connected by road, rail and air
- 2. Road
- a. There is excellent inter-city transportation between Hubli, Dharwad and Belgaum as NWKRTC (North - Western Karnataka Road Transport Corporation) and BendreNagaraSarige (a consortium of private bus-owners) healthily compete to cater to the large number of commuters between Hubli, Dharwad and Belgaum daily
- b. Our land is on national highway 4 (NH4), which is a major National Highway in Western and Southern India. NH 4 links four of the 10 most populous Indian cities - Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, and Chennai.
- c. A BRTS project is also proposed to connect the twin cities of Hubli and Dharwad more efficiently and is set to be completed by December 2016
- i. A 4-lane 'throughout' bus corridor of length 70 km is planned running in the middle of an 8-lane freeway which includes two lanes for mixed traffic in both the directions. The width of the corridor will vary from 44.0 meters to 24.5 meters.
- 3. Railway
- a. Several express and passenger trains ply between Dharwad and Bangalore every day.Hubli is an important railway junction. Dharwad has daily trains to Gadag, Bagalkot, Bijapur, Solapur, Bellary, Belgaum, Bangalore, Mumbai, Davangere, Pune, Delhi, Visakhapatnam Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Vijayawada, Mysore, Tirupati
- 4. Airport
- a. Dharwad is connected with 2 nearby airports, one in Hubli and one in Belgaum
- b. Hubli has an airport on Gokul Road. There are regular flights to Bangalore and Mumbai.Hubli airport is 38 km away from our land
- c. Belgaum Airport is the oldest airport in North Karnataka and is well connected with Bangalore, Chennai, Mangalore and Mumbai. Belgaum airport is 60 km away from our land.
- 5. Port
- a. Closest port is in Panjim, Goa, which is 160 km away from Dharwad. Average travel time from port to Dharwad is approx 3 hours
General Characteristics of Dharwad Area:
- 1. Hubli-Dharwad is a developing industrial hub in Karnataka after Bangalore, with more than 1000 allied small and medium industries already established basically located in Gokul Road &Tarihal regions of Hubli
- 2. The city of Dharwad is one of the important educational and cultural centres of Karnataka
Existing Industry around our land:
- 1. There are 6 major industrial areas
- a. Belur Industrial Area
- b. Rayapur Industrial Area
- c. Tarial Industrial Area
- d. Lakkamanahalli Industrial Area
- e. Sattur Industrial Area
- f. Gamanagatti Industrial Area
- 2. There is presence of big industrial powerhouses like Pepsi, Tata Motors, Coke, Spicer India, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation, Nector Beverages, Tata Marcopolo Motors, A.D.M. Agro Industries, Telco Construction Equipment Company (Hitachi earlier), and FMCG companies nearby our land
- 3. One of the largest automotive giants Tata Motors has a commercial vehicle manufacturing facility at Dharwad. The unit produces small and intermediate commercial vehicles for the Indian market. The plant is situated on NH4, 8−10 km from Dharwad near Belur industrial estate, next to high court bench of Dharwad. Tata ace is being manufactured here as well.
- 4. KREIS North Unit of National Projects Construction Corporation has its headquarters here.
Proposed Industry Developments & Government Plans around our land:
- 1. Government has proposed to make Hubli-Dharwad a smart city under central government scheme of 100 smart cities
- a. To transform Hubli- Dharwad as the most livable and sustainable city in the region through creation of safe, affordable and world class bus rapid transit infrastructure and services, with focus on commuter comfort and convenience, integration of modes and information technology
- b. Hubli-Dharwad BRTS Company, a Government of Karnataka Undertaking, has been registered as a Company under Companies act on 7th May 2012. The Company has been established by the Government of Karnataka for the specific purpose of implementation of BRTS project in the twin cities of Hubli and Dharwad
- c. The proposed BRTS corridor between Hubli and Dharwad is 22.25 km long
- 2. To promote the overall economic development of varied industries, institutions and business houses "Karnataka Chamber of Commerce & Industry" was formed, it is one of the premier associations, which has been gaining momentum in achieving potential growth and prosperity in Hubli region
- 3. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Dharwad is upcoming institute of national importance, which is 10km away from our land. Presence of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) as has been witnessed throughout the country leads to strong ecosystem generation across industries due to excellent availability of talent
- 4. Other than sanctioned Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), there are 5 universities in Dharwad, including Karnatak University, University of Agricultural Sciences, Dakshina Bharat Hindi PracharSabha, Karnataka State Law University, and Indian Institute of Information Technology, Dharwad(IIITD) besides other medical, engineering and arts colleges. So there is ample availability of good talent in the area
- 5. The area falls in the Industrial corridor of Bangalore to Mumbai where government is acquiring 10,000 acres for industrial development. This crosses from our vicinity
- 6. Establishment of new generation Diesel loco shed in the city by Indian railways was another major boost for development of Industries in this region as this was first of its kind in Indian Railways history
- 7. Hubli Software IT Park is situated in the heart of the city and is promoted by the Government of Karnataka IT Department
- 8. New JV of Tata for defense plans to open up manufacturing plant in Dharwad
- 9. Monorail has also been proposed in Hubli-Dharwad
- 10. Finally, The Hubli-Dharwad Urban Development Authority (HDUDA) is planning a mega infrastructure development project to facilitate the overall growth of the twin cities